- Experience designing and building robust web application backends.
- Strong working ability in Python.
- A working knowledge of Django and its patterns.
- Good understanding of database design principles and proficiency building applications backed by relational or NoSQL databases.
- Working knowledge of advanced backend topics like authentication, caching, background jobs.
- Proficiency building GraphQL APIs on the backend.
- As a bonus, you might have some experience scaling applications to handle increased user loads.
- As a bonus, you might have some experience thoughtfully designing APIs.
Culture at Dado
We don't take ourselves too seriously. Our work environment is fun, friendly and sincere. We pride ourselves on technical excellence and consider the work we do a craft. We love learning (and put our money where our mouth is with an educational material allowance). We care about each other. We understand that true technical excellence can only happen when engineers feel safe, energised, and valued.
What you'll be doing
- Implementing bugs (actually this one not so much)
- Implementing features that will impact real users. Some of our applications have hundreds of thousands of monthly active users.
- (if you work in-person) Play for glory in the Dado Ping Pong PowerLeague. Or just get beaten by Jamie in an ad-hoc office friendly. The table is always ready for a game.
- (if you work remote) Play for glory in the Dado Jackbox.TV Global Championships. Or join us in the Dado Minecraft server. Any time is a good time to defeat the Ender dragon.
- Reviewing pull requests and creating and having yours reviewed.